The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has now reached almost every part of the world and is having a profound impact on every aspect of our daily private and business lives. On Sunday evening President Ramaphosa announced a series of wide-ranging measures by government to stop, or at least slow, the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). As risk management professionals, responsible corporate citizens, and empathetic human-beings we at Price Forbes fully support the proactive approach being adopted. We also recognise the important role businesses and private individuals must play in protecting our communities and our economy as best we can.
Our priority is to ensure the health and physical well-being of all our employees, our clients’ and business partners’ employees, our service providers and the broader community in which we operate. To this end we have implemented temporary changes to our operational practices aimed at mitigating the risk of further spread of this virus while doing our best to minimise the impact on our clients and our services levels.
These changes include:
- allowing, and actively encouraging, all our employees to work from home as much as their roles and client service commitments allow;
- instructing them to keep their attendance at our offices, at clients’ premises and in face-to-face meeting to an absolute minimum by utilising our wide array of remote work and communication tools;
- requesting them to avoid all non-essential travel whether for business or personal reasons;
- instructing them only to visit clients or their premises for essential visits and only at the clients’ request; and
- self-isolation for employees who have been, or who suspect they may have been, exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Notwithstanding the above measures our offices remain open and operational, and we are available on our landlines, our mobile phones and via remote meeting tools to continue engaging with our clients, prospective clients and business partners as seamlessly as possible.
We are acutely aware that this is a fluid and developing situation which we will be continually monitoring in order to keep pace with developments, to take informed decisions and implement appropriate actions, and to provide sound risk management advice to both our employees and our clients.
We will make sure that we keep you updated as the situation changes, but if you do have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me, your Account Executive, or any member of your Client Service team.